Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Incredible Birthday

I have had the most incredible birthday.  Calls, emails, texts, cards, and over 200 FB messages, it has been overwhelming, this love and kindness that has been shown to me.

Rick had asked me what I wanted for my birthday. Originally, we had planned on going to Memphis for a few days and having lunch at Corky's BBQ for my birthday.  The weather guys are forecasting nasty stuff for us tomorrow and since our dogs do not handle the storms well,
We made a day trip...yep to Memphis for lunch.  219  miles one way for Corkys BBQ and it was worth every mile.
My sister Pat went with us.  She had been to Corkys with us before and I think she loves it as much as I do.

Birthdays are interesting times in our lives, some of us ignore them, some wish they would not come and others celebrate.  I am so humbled by all of those who chose to help me celebrate today with their good wishes.  I am blessed.  I am a lucky woman.  I am thankful.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, how nice. It is always good to have a special BBQ place. Ours Is Lexington Original and it is only 7 miles from where we are parked. As we drove by today Sherry says, as soon as you are able, this is the place.
    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, how nice. It is always good to have a special BBQ place. Ours Is Lexington Original and it is only 7 miles from where we are parked. As we drove by today Sherry says, as soon as you are able, this is the place.
    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about your birthday dinner on Rick's blog and had to come over here and wish you a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your birthday was special. I bet the BBQ was great as well. Your sister looks a lot like you...
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Bday! Glad you got to have a favorite meal and fun trip..quick, but fun! Sweet sister pic too! I think every birthday needs to be celebrated...then blogged about!

    ReplyDelete