Monday, March 7, 2016

Soothing Classes

Classes today were for chronic pain.  Many of my students at work deal with chronic pain, so we do breath work, meditation and movements to ease the pain.  Even those who don't suffer enjoy the class because it is so soothing.

Tonight's class, stretching out the back.  About 75% of those who came to my community class tonight had worked themselves into pain and agony because today was so spring like.  They had worked in their gardens, cleaned their houses and who knows what else.  They too, had a soothing easy class tonight.

I have learned through the years that even if I have class notes prepared,  to teach my students what they need I have to listen as they come into the room.  Most of the time, my notes are pushed aside and class takes on a whole different direction.  I have learned to listen and watch them and it is easy to figure out their needs.

I mentioned to one of my students today that I was a fly by the seat of my pants kind of yoga teacher, she laughed and said no, you are just flexible ( pun intended).

I hope your weather has been as beautiful as ours today.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

2 comments:

  1. Being flexible is a good quality for a Yoga teacher to have when teaching yoga. There's always the possibility to extend the more advanced pose for those who want to go a bit more advance instead of keeping everyone back for the sake of a few who can't go as far in the pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soothed myself today by watching a baseball game. I missed baseball all winter.

    ReplyDelete