Friday, March 18, 2016

A Belated Celebration

St. Patrick's Day is one of my most favorite holidays.  I love green, I love Ireland, and I love Irish food.

Yesterday morning I put my beef brisket in the crockpot, made sure I had potatoes and cabbage for the colcannon.  Mother Nature had gifted me with beautiful spring flowers, the house was clean and my copy of Darby O'Gil was ready to be watched.  I know, but it is one of my favorite childhood movies, just can't help myself.

Fast forward to the afternoon at work, splitting sinus headache, forgetting that I had not eaten in over four hours, I took a couple of advil.   Bad mistake.

On the way home, the headache worsened, dizziness from the stuffed sinus, upset stomach from advil on an empty stomach...I tried to finish cooking my feast, but the sofa, an ice pack and nausea medicine won out.

So tonight, we had our Irish feast.  Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day.

7 comments:

  1. (Okay I switched to IE)
    My comment did not post..
    Sorry you had such a tough time on your favorite day. But at least the feast was good a day later.
    Love sent from the back woods of North CArolina. Stay weller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Okay I switched to IE)
    My comment did not post..
    Sorry you had such a tough time on your favorite day. But at least the feast was good a day later.
    Love sent from the back woods of North CArolina. Stay weller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your bad headache but talents you pull still enjoy your dinner even if a day late. May I add I love that green container!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the Bad Luck of the Irish. I thought it should have been your lucky day instead. I'm glad you felt better be evening and could have your colcannon.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think every day should be a holiday! I hope you enjoyed your feast and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The luck of the Irish certainly was not with you. Corned beef and colcannon sounds good. None of my Irish children will eat it so I seldom make it. But you and several other internet friends have really made me hungry for it. I may just indulge myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry! Happy you had a nice meal the next night! Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete