Saturday, March 12, 2016

Blessed

Ricky's Retirement party was wonderful.  Friends and family even came from Georgia and Mississippi.  My nephew Haven did incredible smoked butt, my chair buddy Louis brought his famous slaw, my sister Nell made coconut cake...there was potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs,
corn on the cob, peanut butter brownies, banana pudding, sweet tea and lemonade.  If anyone left hungry, it was their own fault.

We live in a small cottage, the place was packed...we crammed 28 adults and children into our house.
The rafters rang with laughter.  My brother had given me his list of who he wanted to invite, everyone but 2 came.  He was a happy man.

Tonight, I am grateful, we are blessed.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

3 comments:

  1. Coconut cake, oh my. The menu is almost the same as childhood church potlucks. What a wonderful get together.
    Laughter, friends, and food--can't get much better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was a successful celebration. Have a great Sunday.
    JB

    ReplyDelete