Sunday, January 3, 2016

Lemon Tree

A few evenings ago, as I opened the front door I smelled a most delightful scent.  I thought maybe Rick had a candle burning or some incense, but no, nothing like that.

Rick had smelled the odor when he got in from work earlier, but didn't know what it was.  I followed my nose, straight to the back door, there sat our lemon tree full of waxy white blooms and that delicious smell permeating every nook and cranny.

For the past two years, she has been full of blossoms, then tiny lemons and then.....all the lemons fall to the floor.  I am trying to figure out what to do, what I did wrong and this year, finally have a lemon crop.

For now, the blossoms and the scent are enough.  Wish you could smell them.  Enjoy your first week of 2016.

2 comments:

  1. Few things smell as light and clean as fresh lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lemon tree that my daughter started from seed, blooming in my sun room not too many years ago. It did smell divine. For some reason, It started to die.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete