Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thoughts

"It's possible to learn to be happy without changing
anything in your life- except your relationship to your own thinking. Everything in your life is a function of the way you relate to your thinking. As you think, so shall you be."  -Richard Carlson

My friend Becky loaned me a book by Richard Carlson,  You Can Feel Good Again. ( common sense therapy for releasing depression and changing your life)  I had read his book  Don't Sweat the Small Stuff....and it's all Small Stuff in 1997.

When Becky handed me You Can Feel Good Again, she laughed and said", I think you wrote this book, everything in it you have said to me at one time or another."   She was right......it is all about  our thought process and how we allow our thoughts to control our lives.  I have believed for many years, we are our thoughts, we become our thoughts.

If you are struggling with self-esteem, feel defeated, 
think that nothing good will ever come to you or know someone who thinks that way......read this book.  It is sound common sense, a wave of calm,
a road map to feeling better.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's early for thinking about Christmas, but this sounds like a great gift idea..even if that gift is to yourself! Thanks and I do hope you're feeling good tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to pick this up... I enjoy books like this :)

    ReplyDelete