Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Getting What You Need

Rick looked at me today and mentioned that he knew I was feeling better.......how did he know?  I actually had the energy to do a little house cleaning today.  It is the first time since treatment that I truly felt good.........I am grateful.

I spent the morning with a couple of friends.  It was an impromptu gathering.  I had dropped by my friend Brenda's to pick up a pair of pants she hemmed for me......our mutual friend Bec lives across the street, she saw my car and before we knew it, the three of us were sitting in Brenda's kitchen for over an hour laughing.  Laughter and friends......the best medicine ever.

On the way home, I passed by my older brother's house, they were home.......pulled in their drive way and spent an hour with he and his wife.......and yes, much more laughter.
Maybe that is why I felt so good this afternoon, all that love and laughter.

It has been a simple, good day......and it started at 6:30 this morning......Jordan called and asked if I would make him a blueberry smoothie for breakfast.  He and his mom came over, and the day started with laughter and hugs.  Sometimes you get what you need without asking.....that happened to me today.  I hope it happens to all of you soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful to hear Jilda... I hope there are many more like them in the future ;-)

    ReplyDelete