Sunday, September 25, 2011

Words to Ponder

Some nights it is difficult to write, not because I can't think of anything to write, but because Blackie Bear, Astro and Buddy and Cailou are all begging for my attention.  Blackie commands the spot closest to my chair, Astro sits behind me, Buddy to Blackie's left and Cailou blocks the doorway.  Petting is required, usually a few words need to be spoken and Blackie is always up for a hug or two.   It's ok, losing your train of thought because dogs need attention is no big deal, hugs are nice no matter who the hugger/huggie is.

They are also a little anxious, there are storms approaching from the west, this is the start of our second tornado season ( yes, we have two, though usually the fall/winter storms are not as severe as those in the spring).  To be honest I am a little anxious too, already checking to make sure the weather radio is on.  The good news on the weather front, after the storms pass through this week, cooler air will be here for the weekend.

It has been a hectic week/weekend......no down time at all.  It is rough to start the new week tired, but that is how it goes sometimes.  I just have to put my big girl panties on and stop the whine!

I wanted to leave you all with a quote from my Wayne Dyer app on my I-phone.......
Knowing ignorance is strength. Ignoring knowledge is sickness.
Powerful words to ponder.........
good night, sweet dreams

7 comments:

  1. I hope you don't suffer too badly with the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puppy love is one of the greatest interrupters of all time. And I don't blame them for being anxious. You guys keep a close eye on the weather and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday here it rained all day and most of the night and it was the type of day I would loved to have stayed home but not the case had to go to mums place for lunch but all in all I had a good day.

    I would love to have DC inside when it is raining but Tim says NO dogs stay outside.......meanie........lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to use your saying about big panties on myself when I feel down. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think more doggie hugs are required!!! Take care Jilda! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a place you go to in a storm? Probably most homes have a basement where you live or even a shelter. We see some things here in peoples yards that look like bomb shelters. That makes us wonder if there will be really bad storms here. We don't have a basement but we have our closet ready to sit in if a bad storm descends. You are a strong woman to keep up the pace all weekend with no down time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad weather fizzled out last night!
    When the storms hit, we and the dogs get in the bathroom(a very tight fit)

    ReplyDelete