Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday Night Musings

It has been a hot dry few weeks.......this week around 100 every day.....but it is hurricane season and according to our weather folks, rain is on its way.   Seems a tropical depression is moving toward us, bringing LOTS of rain, somewhere in the neighborhood of six to eight inches.  The next few days should be interesting.
There are rumors of temperatures in the sixties by midweek, can you see me do the happy dance????

Fall is my favorite season and as soon as September shows on the calendar I expect cooler temperatures, what can I say.......those are my expectations!  As we drove back from Montgomery today( which is a couple of hours south of us)  I noticed the closer we got to home  the colors  were truly changing.
There are tinges of gold and red everywhere you look and the mornings even when it is in the 70's feel different.

I got a new plant to go with the jasmine on the arbor, a pink tame honeysuckle, my friend at the nursery says
the mix of jasmine and honeysuckle will be amazing next spring.  I am also about to rework my old fashioned
flower bed out back, one of my friends is saving his beer bottles for me, I am going to bury them neck first and make an edging( I saw it in a gardening book) and then add a bottle tree.   Will take photos when it is completed. In my head it will look wonderful, we shall see.

We have friends visiting from LA ( that is lower Alabama) Wes  is playing guitar as I write this blog.
We have not visited in quite a while, and it has been a great  night filled with good food, , lots of laughter and music.  Time to get back to my friends.
Good night Sweet dreams.

5 comments:

  1. I like how you travel and notice things around you.Full of sences.Yes teh Fall is near you and I can't wait for the spring and awakening around me;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is my favourite time of year too, although I don't suffer the hot Summer temperatures that you do.

    I'm so glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutley tipping down as I type this - and I'm wearing very summery things but luckily I'm still at work so hopefully the rain will go away! LOL! I guess what I'm saying is that I'm so not ready to let summer go yet! Autumn is lovely though!

    Enjoy your evening!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always know when Autumn is on it's way, strawberries get more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love autumn too. It isn't too hot, it isn't too cold. It's just right.

    ReplyDelete