Sunday, June 19, 2016

Friendship

True friendship doesn't fade.  It actually flows and ebbs like the tide.  My friend Denise came for a visit this weekend.  It has been some fifteen years since we saw each other, but the passing of time is not important.  Our friendship has lasted and grown.

We have laughed most of the weekend, and eaten and laughed some more.  The last time we saw each other, my mom was alive.  The years do bring change, change to those we love, to ourselves and to the earth, but our friendship survived.

I have several friends like Denise, that I see rarely, but are in my thoughts so very often.
It doesn't matter the distance or span of time, the love and respect and care we carry in our hearts for each other stays strong.  When we do get together, it is as though we saw each other yesterday, the years fade and our memories bond us to each other.

If you have a friend that you haven't seen for a while, pick up the phone, send an e-mail or text or  card, make that connection and enjoy the friendship.  Make plans to see other soon, don't let time rob you of great joy.  It has been a wonderful weekend, can't wait to do it again and it won't be fifteen years from now.

Hope you all have had a Happy Father's Day.  Denise, Maggie, the mule and me.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. I am seeing an old friend this weekend that I have not seen in 40 years. He played piano at my wedding.

    ReplyDelete