Friday, March 7, 2014

Reading Bigtooth

 Jordan's kindergarten class invited us to read to them today.   We read one of my personal favorite children's books, Joshua and Bigtooth by Alabama author, Mark Childress.
It is a fun story about a little boy who catches a baby alligator and names him Bigtooth.
Of course, we also took the guitar and did a song, Jambalaya by Hank Williams.
And I taught the kids how to shimmy dance the way alligators do.  It was a delightful day.
If you ever get to spend time with kindergartners, I urge you to do so.......I promise, you will not be bored.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that age, Jilda. I am glad you were feeling well and enjoyed the day. I don't know that book- I will have to see if I can find one for my little guys.
    I so remember that old song and I haven't heard it in years.
    Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kindergarten age is great, I don't know if I could entertain them enough, lol... I think I would bore them :)

    ReplyDelete