Sunday, March 23, 2014

Birthday

Today I celebrated my birthday......sixty-two years......I cannot believe all the cards, calls, messages that I have received.  If ever I doubted that I was loved, today has proved that I am.
My sister Pat, and her daughter Jayna cooked lunch for me today, it was wonderful.
It has been a beautiful restful day.  We walked the dogs, took a nap, and had lunch......it might not be the most exciting birthday, but it was one of those I will remember.

I always miss my dad so very much on my birthdays.  He loved to make a big deal about birthdays, and he always wanted to be the very first to wish you Happy Birthday.  I can't tell you how many times he called me at 6:00 am to sing Happy Birthday.  If I could just hear him sing one more time......and get one of his funny crazy cards.

Sixty-two years......a long time, a blink of an eye......a life that has been blessed with friends and family.  I am a lucky woman......I am a blessed woman.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jilda! Glad you had a most beautiful day! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jilda, it sounds like a perfect day... those days are the best and the ones you always remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can add beautiful to your list! 62? No way! Sorry your Dad can't be here but I'm guessing he's singing up above just for you! Happy Birthday Jilda!

    ReplyDelete