Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Two Owls

I have seen two of the most beautiful owls in the past week.......a few days ago, a white owl flew in front of my car, and sat down on the side of the road.......I stopped Ingrid to admire his beauty.  The snowy owl looked at me as if he knew me.....quite amazing.  Last night, driving home from work, about five miles from the other sighting, another owl flew across the front of Ingrid.  He was spotted.

I feel as though Mother Nature has sent me two gifts.  These birds were so beautiful, they took my breath away.......and honestly, I felt as though something really special had taken place.  Sometimes our lives are so busy and hectic, we forget about the beauty that surrounds us, about the beauty that is truly everywhere if we take the time to see it.  I was reminded by the  visit of both owls of the incredible beauty that lives here in my little neck of the woods.

I told one of my classes today about the owls.......I told them how blessed, how special I felt to have seen them......as though somehow, the universe had sent me some sort of sign.  Sometimes, we need signs....or at least what we think are signs......life gets tough, we feel a little lost......if we keep our eyes open, just when we need it the most......there it is, an owl or two.

3 comments:

  1. To see an owl close by does seem like a sign. I feel a bit that way when a heron lights on my shed roof even though I know it is hunting for a meal.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and special...I also love that you named your car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I had the orange owl visit me in my dream, remember?? There is a meaning. I just don't know what yet. Lol

    ReplyDelete