Sunday, November 17, 2013

All We Are

Do you ever think about who you are, why you are that person and how the heck did you become who you are?  I know, for me to even ask that question, I must have too much time on my hands.  But maybe teaching yoga  and being a musician pushes me to ask questions like that.

I think we are a living collage, every experience, every place, every person, every book, every movie, every song, every word we have spoken or heard has created who we are today.  That is why we are not the same as we were ten years ago or will not be the same ten years from now. We are all a little bit like human play dough, and life is constantly molding and shaping us.  Change is taking place, even when we resist it.

There are bits and pieces of me that have remained constant, but there are also parts of me that did not even exist a few years ago.......teaching and music have brought so many different people and places into my life, many changes have been so swift, I never knew they took place.  Sitting in those big green chairs once a month has truly changed me.

So we can kick and scream about change, whine and complain until we are blue in the face.......but it is there, smoothing, roughing up, caressing and kicking.......nothing can stop it, all those we love, all those who drive us crazy, all the beauty, the ugliness, the good and the bad that we feel and see.......play a part in who we were yesterday, who we are today......and who we become tomorrow.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. I look back at myself in "decades"...my 20's was one me...30's was another..and so forth. I still find myself wondering what I want to be when I grow up! (I'd better hurry and find out I think!)

    ReplyDelete