Saturday, November 2, 2013

Health

"When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless, and intelligence cannot be applied."  - Herophilus

My friend Charlie, always said "without your health, you have nothing."  Both quotes are quite true, you can still have family and friends and many do still create and are productive, but it is all so much better with good health.  Health is something that we all take for granted, until we begin to lose it......and then we understand its true value.

My wish tonight, my prayer tonight.......may we value our health, may we all keep it for a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. What always amazes me is how much we can abuse our bodies and how hard our bodies try to repair the damage! I see that in my work everyday. Sometimes it's the "gene" pool we've been delt, or an accident beyond our control, but mostly it's plain over indulgence in substances (drugs, alcohol, food) that can reek havoc. I know you understand this from your daily work to help others overcome their addictions. Sleep well Jilda!

    ReplyDelete