Monday, November 25, 2013

Cold Night

Cold and rainy........classes today were slow and easy, students are excited about the holiday, some of them will get to visit their families, others will stay at the facility.  I can't believe November is almost gone, some
days, I wish there were no calendars......just the passing of day to night, season to season.  Maybe then time would not go fast.

This weekend, I paint Christmas cards, the design is worked out........the hard part......getting started.
Once I actually start painting, everything goes smoothly.  But, I don't start them until after Thanksgiving.
I am a true believer that Thanksgiving should get its fair share.  All my fall decorations are still up, though several of our neighbors have decorated their Christmas trees.

I hear the rain, falling on the tin roof.....it is so cold tonight.  When we came in from my community class, we saw five small deer in our neighbor's yard......they looked so small and cold, I hope they find shelter and food tonight.  It doesn't seem to be a night fit for man nor beast.  Fall seems to have faded into winter in the past twenty four hours.  There is even talk of snow for tomorrow night.

I know this week is a busy hectic week, but remember to take care of yourselves, stop and breathe......
and be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I am in awe that you paint your Christmas cards. I knew you did but still...that is so giving. I hope your recipients cherish them. I hope the rest of your week goes well. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Rick.

    ReplyDelete