Thursday, January 19, 2012

Techno Crow

My favorite thing about my new i-Phone......the camera and the Photo Shop app.  I am trying to come up with a new picture of me for this blog.....I think this one might do the trick.  I also Photo Shopped this same photo in multi -colors but it reminded me of a clown's wig.
Not a good thing.

If you had told me ten years ago that I would have a cell phone that took great pictures I would have laughed and thought, yeah, right.  Wow, who would have guessed technology would have come to this!

I laugh at my technological skills, my husband Rick moans when he is trying to explain something to me.....but for someone who is so not technical.......I also have an i-Pad.....Rick is trying desperately to bring me into this century.  I admit I am torn......I still love to write notes, send cards and phone my friends and family.......but all this techno stuff is pretty cool too.

Writing this blog has probably done more to bring me into this century than anything.  Sitting here each night typing these words, knowing  that people from all over the world will read this.......that is the good techno stuff.  I know you don't have to tell me the downside to it all......I am one of those who still mutters about kids who play "games" and never go outside in the sunshine and fresh air.

But tonight, I am taking pictures with my cell phone, writing to people all over the world who receive my words in a flash, and  hearing from friends all over the world......ok, I admit it.........it is a good thing.
I have eaten technological crow.....not so tasty.

9 comments:

  1. I'm still creeping along...I have a phone, but don't use it much. I have a computer, but don't ask me too many questions about how it works. I don't have a Wii, or any video game player...I do have a TV, isn't that enough? So I applaud you for stepping up to the techno table and I think the new pic is pretty creative and very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still amazed (almost everyday) how much our lives have changed in the last five to ten years - Skype, Twitter, blogs, texts, e-readers - I love (& am sometimes ruled) by all this new technology. It sure makes keeping in touch with family and friends a breeze :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I keep eating that techno crow myself but I do believe that children need to be outside and playing. Plus one afternoon we were out to eat with the family and I looked at our table and all the little ones were playing on either their parents or uncles phones with the angry birds app. I then looked all over the restaurant and it was depressing how many ppl were playing with their phones and not communicating.
    We do need to set some boundaries I'm guessing.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off I am playing tag and you have been tagged by me go to my blog to check out the rules: http://jo-annemotherandnanna.blogspot.com/

    Secondly I know what you mean who would had thought we could get a phone that takes great photos and can do so much other then make phone calls.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy technology because I can meet people through blogging. I just learned how to take pictures with my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this post, Jilda! I try very hard to keep up with all the new technology that is around. I certainly don't intend becoming an old fuddy=duddy!! I think it helps keep your brain active as well, learning all these new things. Have fun playing with your new phone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like SOME aspects of new tech!! But I shall forever cling on to some pre-tech things like paper books (which is an anachronism - I know, I know! - as print when it first burst into the scene was quite revolutionary and modern!!) LOL!

    Love your photo!!! You look gorgeous! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice picture....you look like you are made of sunshine

    ReplyDelete