Friday, January 13, 2012

Losing a Week

It is very easy to lose time, I was reminded of that sharply this week.  Tuesday, I picked up a "bug".....I don't remember much about Tuesday night or Wednesday or Wednesday night,  Thursday was not much better......but this morning, I had a cup of hot tea and some toast and this evening I reclaim my body.
I am beginning to understand what it means for the immune system to not function fully......several others in my family caught the same bug, they were back on their feet in 24 hours.....I promise, I am not a wuss!
Ha,Ha!  and Rick didn't have to put me down, though I bet he thought about it a couple of times.

Losing time, is scary......you realize there are times when there is no control......so today, I walked to the mailbox in the freezing cold.....it felt good to feel the cold north wind, to see sunshine, and blue skies.
Rick had to play a gig without me last night, that has only happened maybe one other time in our life together.  But, thanks to our friends Skip (who became the "male Jilda" without makeup) and Jonathan and Diana, the show was a success!  They may not let me play with them anymore!

Blackie Bear is happy tonight, we are back in our routine, sitting in the office, me at the computer, while
he guards me from the other dogs.  He has been my big black shadow, always near, keeping his best eye on me.

I have lost almost a week.....I can't get it back.....and I am lucky, it could be so much worse.
I thank you all for your kindness, your love and healing energies.....I cried when I read your notes today.  I am grateful.....in the scheme of things, a week isn't much.....and there are always lessons to be learned.

8 comments:

  1. There was a time when I would be sick a lot I think it was often due to stress and the fact that the only time I could take it easy was when I was sick. Since the girls have grown and moved out I do not get sick very often at all now, although hubby will often say "you're always sick" but that is really not the case. I hope as you read this you are feeling much better........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you are back on the recovery road. You had good, loving care for sure. Take care now, don't overdo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better. You've had more than your fair share of health problems lately, I hope you're through the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jilda!!! So glad to have you back in blogland!! Of course your music group was not the same without you - there's only one Jilda, so there!

    Keep resting! Hugs to Blackie Bear and all your lovely woofies! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower to your blog, but I feel like I already know you from your hubby's writings. I am glad to hear you are feeling better and part of the world again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What counts is that you are healthy again, I am happy to read your thoughts again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're feeling better and are up and about...just remember to take it easy for the weekend and not overdue. An illness that knocks you out like that takes time to completely leave the system. I'm also glad your replacement didn't have to wear makeup! I'm sure the gig sounded good, but I bet it just wasn't quite the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very happy to hear you are well. We were all a bit worried and I know your hubby was. Blessings to you, Jilda.

    ReplyDelete