Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Day of Kids

Yesterday I mourned the twenty-first anniversary of father's death.....today, we celebrated Jordan's fourth birthday, and our great niece Breeze's seventh.  They had their birthday party together, at a place called Froggy's.  I kept thinking what is a Froggy?  Well, it turns out, it is party central for kids!
They have these rooms filled with HUGE blow up slides, and mazes and jump-jumps, after two hours of 20 kids, ages 3 to 9 yelling, running and jumping, then we had cake and ice cream and they opened gifts.  I was just about in a sugar coma, and borderline exhaustion by the time we got home.

I kept thinking, surely these kids are in bed now, but nope, I called Jordan's grand-dad and Jordan was still going strong!  How can that be?  Scientists should study and pursue obtaining the energy from small children and giving it to adults. Actually Jordan's birthday is tomorrow, he gets his gift from Aunt Rick and I in the morning.......a shiny red Radio Flyer Wagon.  I can't wait to see his eyes light up, when we take it to him.  That is correct by the way, he still calls Rick, Aunt Rick.    Breeze got really cool black suede boots, and art supplies, she is quite the bohemian.  I see alot of me in her, though she looks very different, our personalities are similar.

My favorite tv shows are about to start, PBS shows all the old British sitcoms on Saturday nights,
I am hooked.
Good night, Sweet dreams.

7 comments:

  1. My brother had a Radio Flyer when we were kids and it got a lot of use. We loved it. My mom love's "Heartbeat" on Saturday nights and the Mystery show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the energy of children is amazing at times sometimes it is like they have been wound up and let go and they go and go and go.......lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know so well what you mean by their energy as my two grandsons 3 & 5 are full of energy all the time.
    That Radio Flyer was an awesome choice and I am sure it will be a hit of the event when he sees it. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like you had a fun day, if tiring!

    Will we get to see pictures of the Radio Flyer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooorah for Auntie Rick! :-)

    Happy birthday to adorable Jordan! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. happy birthday to amazing Breeze too!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to Jordan and Breeze! Where do they get all their energy from. It's amazing, isn't it?! Your present sounds wonderful and will be greatly loved, I'm sure! Glad you're getting to see all the British sitcoms. Have a good week. I might not comment , but I always enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete