Friday, January 6, 2012

Half Full

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit."  - Helen Keller
My glass is always half full, I can't help it......I can't look at life any other way.   I figure, we are here, in the midst of all that is amazing......people of all cultures, beliefs, terrain that goes from desert to mountains to oceans and wild life that is both savage and beautiful.

As I drive home from work on the same road every evening, I find myself quite often thinking of how different it all looks.......some days the drive seems so mundane and on  others, it feels as though I have taken a brand new route.  But there is always beauty, always some good along the way.  This evening,
the stars were beginning to shine, and the moon rose above the foothills, very few cars, and good songs on the radio........it felt like an adventure.......just driving home.

Yes, there is sadness, and life can be frightening, but that is part of the experience..........we learn, we grow, we share.  I may never make any important discoveries, or change the world in any way........but hopefully, there will be some who remember me fondly, who loved my songs and my art, who appreciated my optimism on a bad day.......who because of me, will look at their glass as half full.

Goodnight, sweet dreams

4 comments:

  1. When the glass is half full there is always room for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a glass half full woman and I agree with Delores when it is half full the is room for more.......

    Also I have days when I am driving to my parents place and all the bush land around makes me feel like I am not living in a town.......and mum only lives 10 minutes from me...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to pop by to say what a beautiful post, Jilda! I'm sure there will be many who will remember you very fondly - but hopefully not for a long time yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the best way to look at life. I'm a half-empty girl who is learning to look at life as you do.

    ReplyDelete