Sunday, February 6, 2011

One Breath

My body is screaming let me rest. The past several days have been a whirlwind and the wind kicks up even faster this week. It is a good kind of busy, but tonight, even my fingers are tired.
There is growth and change taking place in my life these days........that means good and bad .....it definitely is energy going out and time to remember, take it one breath at a time.

One breath at a time........most days I tell my students to take life one day at a time, but there are times, such as now......when only one breath at a time will get you through. I am like all of you, some days I forget to breathe.......and yes I experience the consequences just like you do.
So, you/I look around, the day planner is full, the calendar is full, I wake up in the middle of the night.......and remind myself to breath. The laundry is sitting in the hamper, I can grow a crop on the dust that is now residing on the coffee table, I am in the middle of three books and no time to read, songs to write, songs to learn, rehearsals and fittings for a fashion show, a job.........easy now, slow down........one breath at a time.

For me, it seems all or nothing.....is it that way for you? One breath at a time. I am grateful, for all the energy, all the opportunities, I make it, one breath at a time.
My mother always told me I could rest when I'm dead........one breath at a time....... a warm cozy bed, a good night's sleep......and ..........one breath at a time.......we can do it.


4 comments:

  1. To me, it sounds like you are over booking your life. If you have a full canlendar, I think that is too full. Maybe that is why you are waking up at night - stress at having too much to do. I could be way off on this. I don't push myself any longer and I'm happier for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be that way for me as well, all or nothing. Sounds like a good mantra, "One breath at a time." Don't mind if I borrow it do you? :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jules, I would be honored if you borrowed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you wrote about this Jilda, but somehow I have to breath once at a time. My body told me to slow down, it can't cope with me anymore, and now after a acute bronchitis and an infection at the upper lungs I appreciate the value of a breath! Thank you for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete