Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Full Tilt Boogie

This past week has been wondrous and strange........I have heard from friends that I had not heard from in years! (you know it's those wacky vibrations I keep talking about) I love it!
One of the guys is an incredible musician, we are going to hear him play in a couple of weeks and maybe get together to jam and write a little bit. I love it when the universe sends such great surprises!

My hair and new photos on FB and the blog have gotten really positive remarks! My hairstylist should give me a commission, I have told so many people her name! ha ha!

One interesting note, I just realized this past week that I work seven days a week.......a friend at work always ask me on Mondays what I did on the weekend or my days "off"........the past couple of Mondays as I have stood and told her all that I did .......she looked at me and said "you work seven days a week!" Damn! no wonder I am tired!!! I know, I know. After this coming weekend, we are going to take one weekend in March and hibernate, sorta, maybe.

There are times in life when it is all just delicious, like biting into a crisp juicy apple.......you have to enjoy these times, no matter how fast and crazy it gets........these are the times that keep you alive when all is upside down. To be honest, right now, life is so juicy and sweet I am drinking it up as quickly and as much as I can......how many moments like this do we get?

I spent a few years in a dark dark place and reached a point when I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize myself.......coming into the light, letting the joy back in, there are not enough words in the English language to tell you how good it feels.

So, it's ok to work seven days a week, doing what you love......and it's not like working twenty hours a day. I am full of gratitude for the reconnecting with friends and all the kind remarks about my hair and photos......it is good to feel alive, to feel tired, to feel. Being numb, was like being in limbo, suspended in some sort of weird jelly, watching life and just sorta participating.
Every day I am grateful that Jilda came back. Full tilt boogie is better than melted jelly anytime.



6 comments:

  1. It's not really work if you love it! I am happy you are so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, with a new hairdo you are like a new woman! (We need a bigger picture! ). My mother-in-law battled depression for many years and when that ended, it was such a happy time not only for her! So glad you are good...don't work too hard !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness there is hope. I'm in that melted jelly and just dying for a full tilt boogie. I must say the key word in your post "Love." :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how I felt when I met Bruce after losing Rich and dating for that year and a half. I just felt empty. Great post and your body will tell you when you have to slow down. Hugs to you Jilda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ya'll! Jules, many times in my life I worked jobs that I did not love, and it is important when that happens, to do something you love even for a very short time every day.Barb, you are so right, the body truly tells you when to take a break. Sending all of you kindness and love today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than doing something you truly love, even 7 days a week! Working is the key to longevity...so they say! Congrats on the new you!

    ReplyDelete