Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Days Like This

Ok, so here is the deal.......I never got out of my pj's today. Tuesday is my off day, and until May, Tuesday and Thursday(also an off day) my now three year old great nephew, Jordan stays with me. Jordan has had the flu, he is better now, no longer has a fever, but still very clingy and sick.
So I have held him or sat and cuddled all day. It was also a marathon day for coming up with food choices that seemed palatable to him. He has not eaten for several days, today he decided he was hungry.........but you know how it is after you have been sick, nothing tastes exactly right.
So, I would cook, he would taste, no.....and so it went for most of the day......nibbles and bites and when all was said and done, frozen ice pops were still his food of choice.

My brain is mush, the only thing I think I accomplished ( adult wise) I added three new months to my day planner. This has been one of those life lessons days, forget plans........you go with the flow and hope for the best.

I am about to play guitar for awhile........ because right now, I feel so disconnected, I need to be centered. I also feel an extra long meditation session is in order for tonight......(thank goodness
for a Wayne Dyer cd). If it weren't pouring rain, and pitch dark I'd think a long walk would be in order(that will take place tomorrow before work) And now to top it all off, that old song.....
momma said there'd be days like this , there'd be days like this my momma said is running
through my brain. It is time to find the real Jilda and call it a night.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing much is harder than caring for a sick child. I hope you and the little guy feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...time to find the real Jilda...I hope you did and do.
    So easy to get lost...sometimes so hard to get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this Wednesday morning and intended to comment but got busy. The same thing, Mama said there'd be days like this, had been going through my head the day before. My grandmother had been fond of saying it. My favorite version of the song is Van Morrison's. I also remembering a girl group doing it when we were kids. Well I knew I had to come back and post a comment when last night on Letterman Paul Shaffer and the band did the song. Coincidence??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo!!!!! I love it!!!!! now I am on my way to work singing that song!

    ReplyDelete