Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dancing Keys

It's the infamous typing keys dance tonight. I have honestly started three different blogs and trashed them all. As I sat here and typed, the words seemed hollow and not authentic.
It would have been easy to continue on one of the paths I had chosen, but not honest.
I could not cheat you all, I could not cheat myself. I had to follow my own advice and listen to my heart and delete.

Writing this blog is so much like living my life.......when I let the energy flow, when I allow myself to feel good, it is all so easy. When I try......to be clever, to be wise, to control, that's when the downward spiral begins and nothing feels right.

As I opened up tonight, and let go of the trite that I had started, peacefulness settled in.
My shoulders relaxed, my breath slowed, I felt good. So here I sit, with a glass of lemon aid
confessing what could have been.

I spent this sabbath as a day of rest today.......I painted, I napped, I read........and in a little while I will play guitar. The next two weeks are busy, but good busy and as my friend Claude Thomas says, I will live them one breath at a time. The sky was blue, we had sunshine today, it felt good to be alive.

I have continued to spend fifteen minutes a day feeling good. To sit still, to allow yourself to just sit and feel good, my life has continued to change in unbelievably good ways. Before, I would have beat myself up, because I did not think my posts were good enough, but tonight, breathing
letting them go and allowing myself to feel good regardless........wow.

Remembering my promise to you all, that I would always respect the power of words.......that is why I am sharing these thoughts with you tonight. This is me, resting and peaceful......this is me, happy and blissful.
Goodnight Sweet dreams.






3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of just sitting and feeling good for 15 minutes. I don't know if I can make it that long, but I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cannot force words from your heart, they have to be given freely, at least for me. But that 15 minutes can be all we need :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 minutes? I'll have to try that. Sad that it's so short but if that's what it takes to get through a day I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete