Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Me Time


Me time. I took some today and spent the afternoon at the hair salon. Me time, why is it so difficult for some of us to take me time? I struggle with guilt when I am self indulgent with time spent only on me. I think some of it is just being so busy these days. An off day is a rare occurrence, even on the weekends......I tend to think of a million other things I need to do.

Me time, it is something that men and women struggle with........and when there are two living under the same roof.......well, you end up like Rick and I and take a vacation every five or six years. I am getting better at this me time. On Sunday, I took a nap, and read and just really chilled.......I have to admit, I loved it!

Me time, I think that is why hobbies and interests other than work are so important. Even if it is not so self indulgent, spending time on a hobby or just taking a long slow walk is good for the soul. As I told a friend once, it is possible to teach too much yoga, I learned that lesson the hard way. (by the way, it wasn't the bliss, it was the wear and tear on the body and the unending giving of spirit and losing balance in my life)

Me time, I think about friends that I know, who do nothing but their jobs......no outside interests,
no friends outside of work. They always look tired, stressed and sad, even when they laugh.
Me time, it is part of the balance of life...... that's what it is you know.....balance. The balance of work, family, friends, outside interests, me time. Actually balance is something that I struggle with, but I am working on it, and getting better at it.

Me time, it was fun to be indulgent, to be a little self-centered for a short time......and I look much better for it!











,

4 comments:

  1. You are right. We all need some Me time. I love your hair by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I crashed this afternoon Jilda...the body just put the brakes on and I dragged myself to the couch for a nap. An hour and a half of blissful, dreamless, restorative sleep.
    I'm still tired, so I'm going to bed early. Another full-day tomorrow, but I know I will face it with a gentler, eased heart because I gave in to myself today.
    Balance doesn't always, sometimes cannot, occur on a daily basis, so we have to allow our bodies to tell us when we have reached our limit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful Jilda. It's not wrong at all. A little me time lets you go on to be the strong and very versatile woman that you are. One thing that I do is sprinkle about 3 drops of lavendar oil into lanolin hand lotion and just sit for 10 minutes with my eyes closed and inhale the scent of lavendar (relaxation). It is rejuvinating and such a short time. Try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me like that me-time has put a glow back on your face. This post made me think of the tortoise and the hare. The tortoise I know took me-time :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete