Friday, February 4, 2011

Create

But if you have nothing at all to create,then perhaps you create yourself. -Carl Jung
Creativity can be quite frightening, and exhilarating.......it is not for the faint of heart.
Creating yourself, down right terrifying.

I do a yoga class on the chakras. Energy centers or meridians that bring balance to the body, and spirit. The second chakra, the sacral chakra deals with creativity.......and with pleasure, sex, dreams, fantasies and emotions. Many times when I talk about the second chakra, there are giggles, especially when I mention the sexual energy. But I love to discuss how we all have creative energy, but it never fails when I start to talk about how we all can create, some one will tell me they have no creative talents and/or energies. What is it about us that we down play creative abilities?
Why do we act like being creative is some sort of handicap and not the incredible gift that it is!!!!!

I truly believe that we all can create, but our lives are so hectic, so geared toward our struggle for success, that for most of us, the ability to create was left behind long ago.
I think that when we are ready to find those creative energies, we do have to create ourselves.
We have to redefine who we are, what makes us happy, and how we want to spend our time.
So many of us, go to work, spend a little time with our families, but I believe we were born to create......and when we don't, we have a void in our spirits......then we look for ways to fill the void....we find ourselves searching for what is already inside us.

Create.......in the kitchen with a great meal, a wonderful flower/vegetable garden, photographs,
a blog, music, painting, writing, a warm welcoming home, caring for animals, the list is never ending. Create yourself, as a friend who will listen and care, as a parent who loves and guides,
as a teacher who shares what you know, as partner or mate who is loving and supportive.

This weekend, I challenge you to create.......a cake, a letter, a photograph, teach someone,take thirty minutes and create something, see what it feels like to let creative energy flow through you.

2 comments:

  1. Today I did a lot of creating on my blog and I created a wonderful meal for my husband. It was a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so true my friend. I think people have forgotten the definition of create. Wonderful post and I'm off to work on my NEW creative space. :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete