Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Waiting List

My plans were to get many things accomplished today.  My day planner was full, the list was long.
Life has a way of making fun of plans sometimes.  A couple of things were done, but those that I thought were the biggies, they are still on the list waiting to be marked off.

What happened?  I just ran out of steam, some time around noon my energy dissipated and I was left like a deflated balloon.  I knew I had been pushing, but I thought just one more day.   It seems my body decided today was rest day.  At least these days I am smart enough to listen, in the past I would have ignored the fatigue, and in a couple more days would have been very very sick.

So I have read, watched a little tv, cooked a great dinner and spent time on the couch.  Walked the dogs and looked at the bare trees and cloudy skies.  I feel much better tonight.
A few years ago I would called this a wasted day, but never again.  The body and the spirit have to rest and recharge, today was my day to do that.

That list is still in the day planner, it will be carried over to tomorrow and maybe even the next day or the next.  It's ok, it will all get done eventually.
Goodnight Sweet dreams

4 comments:

  1. "The body and the spirit have to rest and recharge" This is a motto everyone should follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not a wasted day because you listened to your body and took care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great advice to listen to what our body is telling us. I run out of steam too lately and I have to choose my priorities on my long list.
    Get some rest.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you Jilda... we need to listen to ourselves... we know what is best for us... I think you are more than right, it isn't a wasted day to take care of ourselves xox

    ReplyDelete