Saturday, December 26, 2015

Breathe

I realized this morning that every muscle in my neck and shoulders hurt, and I am thinking what is going on with me today.  I remembered how stressful our drive home through the storms and flooding  was last night, how tense Rick and I were during the drive and what a relief to make it home.
Then I knew why those muscles were so sore and painful, all that stress.

Stress is a proven health destroyer.  No wonder people love yoga so much...it really does help.
Last night as darkness loomed, the rain was pouring and the roads were no longer visible because of the rising waters, Rick kept looking at me, saying just breathe, it will be ok, just breathe.
He was my teacher, because until he told me to breathe, I didn't realize I was holding my breath.

Today has been restful and peaceful.  Our friend Fred came over, we grilled steaks and talked about what we would like to accomplish this coming year.  I hear a hot cup of tea calling my name, I am already in my pjs.

Wishing you all peace, rest and calm tonight, joy and laughter tomorrow.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

3 comments:

  1. I hope that all is be well when you wake up this morning. They say in the news that Texas has been hit hard as well. You are right about stress. It does cause a lot of physical hurting as well. I hope that you guys get a chance to relax. I am hoping that the coming year brings some peace and quite and God saves us from disasters both natural and the ones caused by human beings..
    Take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping that everything has calmed down in your area and that you had a good night sleep.
    Sometime we need someone else to remind us of our own teaching.

    I hope today is a day of Thanksgiving. Some folks were not as fortunate.

    We had a green Christmas but now we are having a winter storm with 6 to 8 inches of snow expected.
    I hope you're having a good day today.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the weather moderated for you and some comfort could be had today. We had torrential rain this morning and the yard is like a spongy mess! But nothing as bad as the south has had so I'm grateful. It was a nice relaxing day today for us. I'm sure you'll be making your vision boards soon! Can't believe this year is almost over.

    ReplyDelete