Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tree Farm

I rested this morning so that we could go to the tree farm today and get our Christmas tree.  It is sitting in our front yard tonight......and hopefully, my energy that is still sitting in the big green chair will come home tomorrow and decorate our tree!

On the way home, I was getting a little weak and shaky, and Rick asked if an ice cream cone would make me feel better......of course it would!  So, to celebrate the season I had 
a red velvet ice cream cone......it was rather tasty.

The meteor showers are tonight, around midnight and later......since it was cloudy and we missed the ones in the summer, hoping we get a chance to see these.  We'll have to set the clock and  climb out of bed, but I know it will be worth it.
I thought about Christmases past today, how crazy and stressed out I use to get........I think most of the time now, I really have learned to live in the moment.......I try to encourage my nieces and nephews to not get caught up in the craziness.   I do understand that the blending of families and different traditions is fuel to the flame.....so sad that it takes years to work it all out.

All that fresh air, and the hard work of choosing a tree has worn me out, my nice warm bed is calling.
Wishing that we all take time out to look at the stars, blessings of peace to one and all. 

1 comment: