Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Comes to the Watson House

Our Christmas tree is decorated......the cards are ready to paint......the big hemlock out front is covered in lights.....the stockings are hung......it is starting to look like Christmas at the Watson house.
I didn't break any decorations this year, a first.....but Rick fell off the ladder......he's fine, a little bruised, but fine.  I think he has watched Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation one too many times.

We had a cup of eggnog and a slice of fruitcake tonight, and listened to one of my most favorite Christmas cds by Tori Amos.  If you are looking for a new Christmas cd, give her a listen.......the cd was recorded a few years ago, but it is well worth the search.

I kept thinking about last Christmas today......it was about this time last year that I got a call from my pulmonary doctor recommending that I see a hematologist/oncologist. I didn't see the new doc until after Christmas, thoughts that it might be my last Christmas did enter my mind.  Thankfully I did not have cancer, but there were some serious issues and I have undergone treatments for the past eleven
months.  This week has been difficult, but I always tell myself it could be worse.  I am grateful for
a wonderful team of caring doctors, a trio of loving nurses, and a husband who has been there through it all, and friends and family who have given me their love and support.

I am exhausted tonight, but that's ok.......a hot bath, a cup of tea, and a good night's sleep will make it all better.
Good night, Sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment