Monday, December 10, 2012

Growing Old

"Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years.  People grow old by deserting their ideals. You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair."  - Douglas MacArthur

I have known young eighty year olds, and old fifty year olds.......it is true age is just a number.
When my mom was eighty-five she announced one day, that she felt twenty-five and the only way she knew she was old......when she looked in the mirror.  Honestly, there are few days when I think about my age anymore.

Here's to forgetting about numbers, and just living our lives to their fullest.  Hang on to your ideals,
and laugh out loud daily.   Sing loudly, walk in the sun and never miss a chance to eat ice cream.
Spend time with dogs and children, read a good book, and tell someone every day you love them.
That is my personal advice for staying young.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams.


2 comments:

  1. A lovely sentiment and never a truer word spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great test Tina. Check with many of your pals that adore devices.
    I’m guaranteed they're able to enable.
    Check out my website :: Genital Wart Cure

    ReplyDelete