Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dodging

I am becoming an artful dodger, no not a pickpocket, but trying to perfect the art of dodging  the flu.
The flu is all around me, at work, in my family.......and honestly, I am washing my hands so much, they are just about to crack.  Even my hematologist expressed her concern last week when I saw her.
She didn't have to remind me of the consequences I could face if I catch the flu.

I can't live in a bubble,  I am trying to avoid crowds, head in the other direction when I hear someone cough or sneeze.....but this is Christmas,  what to do, what to do?  I am drinking elderberry tea,  have upped my vitamin C, trying to rest as much as possible. Drinking lots of fluids.

I keep telling myself that I will not let my disease define who I am......but when flu season hit early, and our local school sent as many as 200 students home in a day, I admit I began to feel a little anxious.  Do you all have any suggestions.....yes, I got a flu shot and a pneumonia shot.

I am teaching chakra classes again at work, and today I taught a class built around #4, the heart.
We talked about love, compassion......not just for others, but for ourselves as well.  We talked about the physical heart as well as the emotional one, it was a wonderful healing class.  Tonight, I am reminding myself that I am loved, and that in itself boosts the immune system.

I have painted all my cards, mailed half of them, made cookies for Samantha to take to work tomorrow, made spiced cider for Rick's book signing, I am ready for for nog and fruitcake.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jilda, I came to visit your blog through Rick's blog, Life 101.
    I think that you are the kind of person I would like to get to know better. I'm interested in Chakra and healing touch but I just dabbled in it a bit in the past. My life has been so busy that I kind of lost touch with it.
    It's most amazing to me all the hidden treasures there are around us for us to tap into.

    I'll have to visit some older post of your blog at my leisure to get to know you better. I'm starting by following your blog. I just started following Rick's blog when he posted some comments on mine.

    I hope that you are successful at dodging the flue bugs that are out there. All the best for the Holidays.
    JB



    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing everything just right. It's hard to not be exposed to the real world that's full of bugs. Just keep doing what you're doing and I bet you'll sneak past all that flu.

    ReplyDelete