Thursday, March 10, 2011

Without Effort

"Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music." - George Eliot
The past few days my life had encountered, well maybe that is not the right word, my life had been filled with effort.....out of sorts if you will. I kept thinking as I drove home from class yesterday, "what is wrong, what is going on".......I didn't have any gigs lined up for the next couple of weeks, and life seemed rather empty and a little burdensome.

I spent a great deal of time today, looking at my vision board, putting things into perspective.
This afternoon, all began to change. I got a little note from someone who rocks my world and then our friend, who owns Berkeley Bob's Coffee House sent out a distress signal.....his act for Saturday night had cancelled and he needed someone to play. So there you are, a gig, a note from someone I admire greatly and the flow of energy is back as it should be. Put it out there, and there it is!

What can I say, when music is in my life, things do go much smoother. It truly is not for the money, but for the joy that flows from my heart and soul when I sing. Maybe it is not music that
allows your life to flow without effort......it might be photography, writing, painting, crafting, cooking, .......whatever puts the flow in your life.......make sure you make time for it.

The other thing, sending notes.......it makes my day, and I bet it makes yours too. I try at least once a week to read some of your blogs, and send notes.......I send cards or e-mails to friends or just call and leave messages. I think when we know someone is thinking of us, that we let people know their value to us, it makes life a little bit sweeter, a little easier.

I hope tomorrow that your lives are filled with "music" and that the day is effortless.

2 comments:

  1. So true Jilda, sometimes it just takes a second to have a change in your life, the spirit is lifted and all looks better. I am happy you are getting the positive vibe! Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music feeds my soul. I am amazed how people can go without music, as if were something to cast off from their youth.

    ReplyDelete