Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Dinner

My favorite spring dinner.......baked salmon with lemon caper sauce, fresh roasted asparagus, and new red potatoes, steamed.......was served at the Watson house tonight. I have hit the proverbial
brick wall. Maybe it is the pollen, or working seven days a week for the past seven or eight weeks, but my energy has fizzled to near nothing.

The weather is so beautiful, and my flower beds are calling out to me. I have to plant something tomorrow. At least a pot full of basil, and I think it may be time to move all the trees out of the house back into to the yard. Butterflies have buzzed me all day today, and bees!

We have a new deck, the carpenters will be here early in the morning......our house, the barn and the old farm house are coming right along. But you know, we are truly damn near crazy to be doing all three at the same time. It makes my head swim!

Time to say good night, sweet dreams. Hopefully a more profound post will appear tomorrow night.

5 comments:

  1. The dinner sounded delish, then I read all that you're doing and now I'm exhausted too! This has been a crazy week here too, and I'm very happy to see the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You named just about one of my favorite meals [sans capers, but lemon sauce - wahoo!] I am salivating over here. :)

    I can't believe you are working so much and the house, barn to boot! You need a break, soon.

    Hope you are having nice weather and you can get a day off soon [I don't know where you are, but we had 80 degrees today in VA - it was heaven!]

    Good luck with everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jilda...Not to sound like a nagging mother, but don't over do it. The body will not tolerate it for long and you'll get sick. It happened to me and I got mono much older than a teenager. The older you are the worse it is. Try to take 1 day of rest for yourself. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice something. OK, I'm done preaching. Lots of hugs and that dinner would be at the top of my list too. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good ideas for a nice meal! And I think Barb is right, just take a me day :) Lots of smiles from my side!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ya'll, Sunday will be my "me" day. My sister gave me a gift certificate for my birthday to a local dept. store, so I am going shopping.
    I am not big on going to the mall, she knows that and insisted that I go and shop! Will let you all know what I buy.

    ReplyDelete