Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Three Again

Tomorrow is my birthday, but today I digressed to the age of three.......Jordan(3 year old great nephew) spent the day with me. He LOVES to run(on his tip toes) so we ran all day. We also lay on a blanket in the grass and looked up at the sky. We ate Popsicles and fresh pineapple and drank lemonade. We had cookies and milk. We ran some more. I answered , maybe a million questions......and told him a million times that I loved him. We ran.........finally about thirty minutes before his grandmother picked him up, we were still running, and then I had to just walk.... he was so sad, he said" you can win the race, I won't run so fast". At that point it didn't matter how tired I was, I ran.......and of course, he beat me!

We built castles on our new deck, fed and watered the birds. It was fun being three. Believe me, there is so much to do, with all the construction, but I gave Jordan the day........he gave me a vacation. All that stuff that needs to be done, guess what it didn't go anywhere, it will still be here this weekend, I will do it then. I spent the day outside, in the pollen........it was worth it.
No matter how hard it is to breathe tonight, it was great being three today.

I hope when he grows up, he remembers me.... and the time that we spend together. Thinking about my birthday tomorrow, how people remember me, that is important stuff to me these days.........I want to be a good memory, I want to be a smile on someone's face and kindness that touched their hearts, I want the people that I love, to know that I loved them.......that's my birthday wish.....and to be three again real soon.

15 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children have the ability to make us young. Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jilda, someday we have to meet. There's so many things we have in common. That's what's important in this world. Not the construction, the work, the everyday details. It's leaving your mark on people and making great memories for those we leave behind. You would have loved my husband. He certainly left a wonderful mark in this world and is still very much a part of it for a lot of people! What a wonderful post. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best part of having little ones in your life - being three, or ten or thirteen. To see the world through their eyes.

    Happy Birthday - hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over from Life 101 to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popped over from Barb's blog. Very glad I did! Happy Birthday from a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful sentiment, if he enjoyed the day as much as you did he'll remember it always. Have a happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Jilda...and as Jewel says "In the end, only kindness matters."

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special day you had with your three year old great nephew. I too hope that when young people become adults they remember people who took time to love them and cherish time with them when they were little squirts.
    Happy happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've come by from BouncinBarb's blog and am so pleased that I did. I've been reading your past posts. What a beautifully eloquent writer you are. Obviously I have signed up to follow...I shall enjoy my visits here.
    Lovely to 'meet you' and many happy returns.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Jilda, Barb was telling us all about you so I dropped in and really enjoyed your story about your day with Jordan. That is the kind of fun we all need to have and just take a break ever so often. On my blog I sometimes remember back to the days of my youth and enjoy the look backwards. Have a joyful birthday.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there. Sounds as if you had a wonderful time with your great nephew! I have a two and a half year old grandson, and they can certainly wear you out, but such great fun!! I have popped over from Bouncin'Barb's Blog to wish you a very happy birthday. I have enjoyed your posts, and will certainly become a Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man, to be 3 again :) A very Happy Birthday Jilda, at least here your wish has come true :)
    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's wonderful you consider it a vacation:)
    What a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks you all, this has been my best birthday ever!

    ReplyDelete