Monday, March 7, 2011

Invisible

Have you ever felt invisible? I think at one time or another we have all experienced that feeling.
It's a strange sensation......to feel that no one acknowledges you......that no one sees your worth.
It is an ego thing, but also very human to want recognition. I allowed my self to feel that way a couple of times today. Shame on me, for bringing so much I to the table of life......part of it, fatigue, still very tired from the weekend and the rest was my ego. Just when you think you have this spiritual thing all worked out, the big ME wants to take over.

So, I took a lot of breaths, reminded myself to think of good feelings and I am back where I should be. But I thought about that sensation......it is a horrible feeling to think that no one sees you.
I know that people walk around every day feeling that way, trapped in a loop of that wretched
thought! It snowballs you know, when you feel that way if you don't make yourself stop.
Then it turns into a pity orgy, a mud hole of worthlessness and self doubt. It really is one of those times in life, when you have to put your big girl/boy underwear on and kick some butt.....even if it is your own.

Once I got my breath in order, and my thoughts under control, wonderful things took place,
it was my choice today, I could have drown but I dog paddled my way to solid ground.
Love and hugs to you all tonight, may life treat you kind.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back from that cliff.

    I've been the focus of attention and invisible. It's been my experience that I am not invisible if I don't choose to be, but often I do choose to be. Which is ok because I make that choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this is the same thing, but sometimes I feel people don't want me around. But I think it may just be my perception. Sometimes I think I say the wrong things and am a pain to be around. So, maybe not invisible - maybe too visible. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've felt like that more than once in my life, believe you me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've felt that many times..then there are the days I really want to be invisible, just disappear into the scenery...quiet..I like quiet! Glad you found your way back to happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ya'll, sometimes you just have to look over the edge!

    ReplyDelete