Sunday, January 28, 2018

Jordan is Ten

Tomorrow Jordan will be ten years old.  It just can't be.  It seems like yesterday I kept telling everyone he looked like a baby Buddha.   He and his mom have been in Huntsville all weekend at a swim meet.  He did really well.  He goes to state competition in two weeks.  I am so proud of him.

He asked me to make vanilla cupcakes and chicken and dumplings for his dinner this evening.  We had bought him a microscope for Christmas.  He wanted a book of experiments and a box of glass slides for his birthday, that's what we got him.

They came by on their way home from swim meet today.  He ate two bowls of chicken and dumplings.  He took the cupcakes home, they are probably gone by now.  I asked him if he was having a birthday party at swim practice tomorrow, his reply, " yeah, the coach said I had to do two extra laps."  And then he laughed.

My body and spirit are finally getting back to normal after the stress of last week.  Back to work tomorrow.   Three more of days of January 2018 and then January is gone.  I wonder what it would be like if we didn't have clocks, if we never knew what time or day it was.  I think it would be really nice.

Be kind tomorrow, show some love to those you meet.

2 comments:

  1. Yoou can make chicken and dumplings for my birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken and dumplings sounds good. Happy Birthday Jordan. Wow, how time slips away in the blink of an eye. The cupcakes looks delicious.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete