Thursday, August 25, 2016

Today

A day of hellos and goodbyes, students leaving and entering, emotions run deep on these days.
The fear, sadness, excitement, joy, anger, guilt...every emotion you can imagine I saw on faces today.

For the most part hellos work out well, the goodbyes are difficult.  You want them to go and live the life they were born to live, to carry their peace and joy and hope  with them.  But you know there is fear.  We talk about the fact that the bad times will still come but hopefully they will be faced with confidence and knowledge.  Life is different sober, sometimes you lose friends, people you love, jobs, sometimes you lose everything and you start from the bottom.  If you are lucky, you have a support group, not enablers but those who love you and can be strong.  You learn the true meaning of one day at a time, one breath at at time.

During the last ten years I have taught thousands.  I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night and see someone's face.  I might not remember their name,  but I know their face and I say a prayer for them and hope that life is treating them kind.

One of my students told me today that every time he came to my class he brought the whole day with him.  I told him I knew and that everyone else did the same thing.  I laughed and told him I was a tough old bird, I could take it.  I learn a lot from my students and I am grateful.

Blessings of peace to all tonight, don't forget to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment