Sunday, August 14, 2016

Happy Dance

Interesting day.  I had been washing my yoga blankets and when I went to do the final load, no water.
No water in the laundry room, kitchen or baths...no water.

It seems our main blew about a half mile from our house, water tomorrow.  In 90 degree heat and humidity no water  is interesting.  I suppose in the morning I will drive the 12 miles or so to my sister's house and "borrow" her shower.  I think my students and friends at work tomorrow would appreciate that.  We always stock a case or so of bottled water for emergencies, so we and the dogs and chickens are staying hydrated.

I think back to when the tornadoes raped our whole state a few years ago.  We had no power for two weeks, no phones and were without water for three or four days.  So our afternoon without water is not such a big deal in the scheme of things.

Oh, wait a minute I hear a sweet  noise.  I think I hear the sound of water running through my pipes.
Happy Dance, I can shower tonight!  Gratitude for the water guys who came out on Sunday afternoon and fixed our main.

2 comments:

  1. It's the little things that sure make a difference..like a nice hot shower! However, it's really not a little thing is it. When we didn't have electric that also meant no water since the well pump can't work. I found out 2 things about myself...that I can stand bottled, cold water to bath in and I look better in candle light! Hope you have a good day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do take a lot of things for granted & one of them is having running water for a shower. Enjoy that shower! And count your blessings!

    ReplyDelete