Sunday, October 20, 2013

Nesting and Organizing

I know this may might sound strange, but I love organizing my closet.......and that is what I did today.
All those years spent in the fashion world left their mark, when my closet is organized, I can shop it like a store.  Everything is organized by color and garment.....pants are together, tops, jackets, skirts, dresses.
Shoes are the same way......when my closet is in chaos, I feel as though my life is in chaos too.

When clutter starts to build in our house, I feel as though my life is cluttered.......my creative energy sinks,
and I feel as though the world is closing in........am I wacky or are there others who feel the same as me?
I love to get up in the mornings after I have spent the day before cleaning........when I wake up to a clean and orderly house, I feel as though all is right with the world.  My mom must have brainwashed me!

I have a little ritual that I do a few days before each treatment.......yep, you know it......I clean.  I put fresh linens on the bed, wash my pjs,.......I feel this agonizing need to nest before treatments.  I think it is because
I know how bad I will feel and the cleaning gives me some sense of control.  I promise, I am not a neat freak, my house is not spotless.......I am like everyone else, we all have our quirks.  There are days, you could walk in our house and swear that a bomb had just exploded.

What is it about fall that makes me want to nest?  I have this urge to repaint every room (oh, for the energy)
to buy new furniture, to rearrange everything.........it must be some primal urge from my ancestors or from mother nature herself......reminding me, that with chilly days and cold nights, we will spend more time indoors, all must be warm and cozy.  Tomorrow we bring the trees in........yes, we bring trees in......and for most of the winter, our great room will look like a forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment