Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Yin and Yang, Perfect Balance

"We are buried beneath the weight of information which is being confused with knowledge;
quantity is being confused with abundance, and wealth with happiness.  We are monkeys with money and guns."  - Tom Waits

I love Tom Waits' music, his voice gravely and deep, his phrasing like no one else's.  I saw this quote tonight, it is quite a dark  summary of we humans.  I don't think we have reached the monkey stage yet, at least I hope not, or maybe some of us have.  I think the weight of information has numbed us, and I believe it is quite easy to confuse quantity with abundance......and sadly many do think wealth equals happiness.

But, I also know in my heart that goodness still lives in our hearts,  that kindness permeates our existence, and that when our fellow man is in trouble we want to help.  The rawness of the human spirit understands  our connection to every living thing, but technology takes place so fast, our minds are boggled with its vastness.  My glass will always be half-full and I will always believe the sun will shine tomorrow........I expect the best in everyone, everywhere I go.......I settle for nothing less.

Though many voice that they see only the bad, and nothing good to come......I choose to believe they are wrong.  There is yin and yang, it is the perfect balance of the universe, I believe in the circle of life.
Good night, Sweet dreams


No comments:

Post a Comment