Election eve, a cold rain falling.......it seems quite fitting. Election years sadden me, they seem to bring out the very worst in our citizens. This is my prayer tonight, my hope, my wish.........that we as a country would remember these things........
1. we should remember, no matter our color, black, white, red, yellow, brown or any shade in between .....we are all Americans.
2. we should remember, no matter our beliefs.......Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, Pagan, Atheist, whatever, we are all Americans
3. we should remember that we as humans, should hope, want and pray that we all have health care, that everyone receives an education, that we all have a roof over our heads and food to eat
4. we should remember that fear breeds hate, and that once words are spoken, you can't take them back
5. we should remember, that once upon a time......all of our ancestors were immigrants (unless, you are Native American, and then I apologize profusely for the way my ancestors treated yours)
6. we should remember that spin doctors lie, use fear and hate and buzz words and then laugh at how they have manipulated the voters
7. we should remember that we are all members of the human race and that each and everyone of us holds as much value as the next, money does not increase a human's value
8. we should remember that this is a country, not a business
9. we should remember, you cannot mandate morality
10. we should remember, to do unto others as we would have them do unto us.