Saturday, November 17, 2012

Love in the Doing

" It is not how much you do, but how much love you put into the doing that matters." - Mother Teresa

I read some wonderful news today, a survey that shows new college grads are gravitating toward nonprofit and public sector jobs that feed their souls more than their bank accounts and that volunteerism is at an all time high.  I already had a really good feeling about most of the twenty-somethings that I knew......they are smart, unselfish, willing to help their fellow-man, wanting to live
not only purpose driven lives, but passion driven lives.

I think many of the young men and women that I have spoken to lately are sincerely concerned with the welfare of those less fortunate, with healthcare for all, and with taking care of the environment.
Hopefully this up and coming generation will not be "addicted to the dollar."  Instead of spending all their days climbing the corporate ladder, they want quality time with their friends and family too.
They want to make a difference in their communities and  the world they live in.
I think Mother Teresa would be extremely proud of these young people who are working hard at what they love,  and giving back!

3 comments:

  1. I see this goodness in my niece and nephew who have done extensive volunteer work in Africa and then come home with a fresh vision and continue to volunteer.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always amazing to me to see how wonderful many of the people I work with are in their efforts to help the poor or the sick. The time and money they give for many causes. Then some of the Docs..usually the richest ones, complain constantly about "welfare" patients, reimbursement from insurance,etc. I don't see as many smiles on their faces as I do from the lowest paid employees who have much less but seem much happier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks young people are a lot greater than they're given credit for :-)

    ReplyDelete