Friday, November 23, 2012

A Favor

Our neighbor passed away yesterday morning, he and his wife had been married seventy years.
Carolyn ( his wife) called me last night, her voice shaky and cracking and she needed a favor.......I knew in my heart what she was going to ask, she wanted me to sing at the memorial service in the morning.  This is not the first time a friend has asked me to do this......it is not easy.
But in my heart, I know it is an honor, it is the last thing I can do for the deceased......a gift to the family.....and hopefully some comfort.

Tonight, say a prayer for  a family .......who lost a dad, a grandfather, a wonderful member of the community.  And say a prayer for Rick and I, that somehow, someway, our music will comfort.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you did a wonderful tribute today. What a blessing to be married for so many years...yet so sad to now be separated for a time. I will say that prayer for the family.

    ReplyDelete