Monday, April 11, 2011

Storms O'Plenty

Once again, just like last Monday night, we are under the gun, weather wise.
We keep getting warned of straight line winds that could exceed sixty miles per hour.
This is an early post, because we may not have power later tonight.

It has been warm and beautiful today, but way too warm for April. Mother Nature can truly pitch a tantrum here in Alabama in the spring. I love the energy of the storms, but I also know they can become quite deadly, so I cancelled my yoga class tonight.
Didn't want any of my students on the road.

Hopefully for our friends to the east, we'll take the brunt and things will settle down before this line reaches you. Rick will probably have dinner by candlelight tonight!
The dogs are restless and nervous, so we are trying to calm and soothe them.
Good night, Sweet dreams.

5 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my prayers! We've been getting them, too, and I don't like them. At all.

    I hope your power remains on and that you all stay safe. Hugs for the dogs, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have friends in N. Ga. that experience very strong storms as well and even have storm shelters built into hills to be safe. It stays pretty calm here in NC. Take care and be safe. Sweet dreams and have a good night.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope those storms pass you by... Or just stop for a tiny bit of southern hospitality and head out quick! I loved the post on being still. When I attended yoga class I looked forward to the rest at the end. If that was eliminated, I wouldn't go! When I'm working at hubby's office and put patients on therapy they always apologize for falling asleep. I tell them it's OK to stop and relax..it's probably the first time all day they have and that's why they fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well tonight for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to hear the sirens for tornados...hope they are quiet for you today too!! Good luck with that...the Yoga zen will serve you well!!

    ReplyDelete