Monday, April 18, 2011

Home Transformation

Several centuries ago(well it seems like it) we started three construction projects at once......
redoing the barn, turning an old farmhouse into a creative/guest space and redoing the house.
The house is close, maybe by next week, all work will move to the creative space and barn.

I like order, when clutter surrounds me I go into "weird, freaky mode".......have been there for several weeks now. My flower beds are suffering, because there is scaffolding and planks and windows, surrounding the house......there are still windows to be replaced and the house gets a fresh coat of paint. Not only am I dealing with pollen, but also sheet rock dust(cough, cough).
But I can finally begin to see light at the end of the tunnel of chaos that seems to have surrounded us for the past few weeks.

The barn is ready to be painted. The creative space, well, there is quite a bit to be done, but it too is beginning to take form. I picked out paint colors for the house.....since we are surrounded by trees, and we have a new green metal roof, I chose a bark color for the walls, a deeper dark
chocolate for the trim and plum for the doors. Our front door has been purple for several years, it is just going a little deeper.

I love color......when I was in college, I took a color psychology class, it was one of my favorite classes. When you surround yourself with color, it really can transform........your mood, feelings,
space. Most of our living space is in shades of green and purple, I promise we have a very comfortable house. But now that we have made all the changes on the outside, I am getting the urge to do some things on the inside(look out Rick, get the checkbook handy).
So once the cosmetics are applied, I will take photos and post them. One of the pictures that I have had on my vision board for the past two years, is an arbor at the front door steps.......finally I am getting my arbor next week, then we have to redo the walk and plant jasmine.
My dream is every summer when you walk up to the front door, you will walk through an arbor of jasmine. My other dream is a round rock fire pit in the back yard, that may take a while.

So transformation takes place on many levels in life........here in Empire, Alabama there is a lot of transformation taking place on the Watson Farm........and I am still here, though at times I thought if I hear one more nail gun, or see one more stack of lumber and windows or sweep away more dust........I just had to put my big girl panties on, take a deep breath and know that this too shall pass......but I have had my moments.(and probably will have a few more)
t

3 comments:

  1. I hate life to be turned upside down. With unfinished projects. It makes me uneasy. If things can be done now! Then I have no problem.
    I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you might be in "the short rows" as the saying goes so it won't be long before you can actually enjoy all the efforts. Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just described how I felt for several weeks with the move. I still have a few bins to go through but I finally at least make them look decent in the way they are stacked/sorted. Bruce is the total opposite of me and I drive him crazy (but usually get him moving to shut me up!!). Glad your projects are coming along.

    ReplyDelete