Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One Year

One year ago tonight, I wrote my very first blog entry.......I came to blogworld, kicking screaming and raising a ruckus! My husband, Rick pushed me head first into writing this blog........I finally caved because I couldn't stand to hear him badger me anymore.

What a difference a year makes! I panic these days if I think I won't be able to write my nightly
musings. Writing this blog has taught me so very much.....the most important thing being the power of words. I thought that I had always understood the power of the written word, but until I became responsible for writing my thoughts.....wow.....it is a heavy responsibility.

Something else that I have learned, and though I had taught it for years, blogging drove it home......
the fact that we are all connected. It doesn't matter where we live, what we do, how we look.....we all want the basics, to be honored and respected, to have enough to eat, to have a roof over our heads, to be safe, to feel loved, to be happy......and I think those of us in blogworld, we cherish our creativity.......and the ability to share our thoughts.

When I wrote my first blog, I didn't know if I would be writing a month from then. As I decided on my title, I knew I had to always be as honest as I knew how, that I had to write from my heart, and that I would be held accountable for my words. I have to share with you all, I still get so excited when I have a new follower(yes, I do my happy dance). I know that there are many of you who have hundreds of followers, but my faithful eighty-three are as important to me as eight hundred and three. You have watched me grow, you have lived through my days of incredible joy, and days of sadness, confusion and meltdowns. I am so indebted to you.

Your comments have often made my days, the words of encouragement you give, the wisdom that you pass on, they are such valuable gifts and I never quite feel worthy of them, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. This blog has brought me a circle of friends unlike any I have ever had. Some of you are friends who know me, and this is a way for you to spend some time with me each day, most of you, we have never met........but when we do, it will be some more meet and greet!

A year of writing nightly.......in some way, I hope I have shared with you ways that transformation can take place in your lives.......I believe what I teach.....that kindness and caring
and sharing of thoughts is an important part of our lives.........I believe that something as simple as the breath can change your body, as well as your spirit.......I believe that stillness and quiet can help us live a better life.......I believe that yoga can contribute to your health and wellbeing in ways that will astound you......I believe music is a common language, that friends are treasures
and that we can choose joy..........and tonight.....I believe I am the luckiest woman in the world.....
Thank you all.......good night, sweet dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary. I knew in my heart that you would be a natural.
    I am very proud of you.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jilda! I've enjoyed your blog these past months. I don't always get to comment, but I do read them faithfully and you are a wonderful writer because it does come from the heart. Keep it up! I was surprised by how many wonderful people are out there and how we can feel a friendship even if we never meet in person. Cheers for many more blogging years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember we were sitting in McAlisters having lunch during our therapy training and you said you had a blog. It must have been about this time last year. I remember thinking "whats a blog"?
    And here we are now! What a year! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe we are all connected too.
    Congratulations on your first year of blogging. I enjoyed reading about some of the things you have learned this year. And in the short time I have been reading your blog you have taught some things to me and I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jilda, You are so right about the connection factor that we get to enjoy as bloggers.

    I enjoy your writing and always appreciate the comments you leave on mine.

    Congratulations on your "anniversary". I am not there yet, but I hope to keep on bloggin'.

    Wish I could see the happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I commend you for writing every night. I have had my blog for a little over two years now and write in spurts. My followers are not many more than yours. I think I must stay true to what I want to write about, if people like it, I am pleased. I am not worried about amassing a great number of 'followers'.
    As for being connected, how very true. It has been a wonderful way to get to know others. Taking this connection to the next level I have met a few of my blogging friends in person....looking forward to meeting more. I feel these folks are my electronic penpals. I appreciate each and every one of them.
    Happy Blogiversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is one I always read if I have time to read blogs. I admire you for writing and posting every day. I have no discipline and am totally incapable of doing that. SMILE

    ReplyDelete