Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Blog Goes On

Blogging with a cell phone in the middle of a forest is rather challenging.....ha ha!
So the first night, my phone died and you all were left hanging. (Rick and his friends were there to fly fish) We were at this plush cottage in the mountains near Helen, Ga.
but for some reason the "hot" spot wasn't hot. So, the second night I had withdrawals from blogging and last night I was still carsick and dizzy from the incredibly winding roads that I spent most of the day driving. I have never been carsick driving, interesting experience.......interesting trip.

I had met Rick's boss, Dan about a year ago for all of five minutes. He set this trip up for Rick and another employee and himself, and invited me and his girlfriend.(Dan's girlfriend, not Rick's) Alison(Dan's girlfriend) was funny and charming so it made it much easier to spend two days with a stranger out in the middle of nowhere while the guys spent nine hours a day on the river fishing.

I am intrigued to watch smart, educated men digress to bragging rights on how big the fish were,how many were caught and how cold the water was. It was catch and release fishing(I thought for sure I would get trout for supper one night) so the only proof that any of them had were photos on their cell phones. Honestly, it looked like the same fish in every photo.

So, I had great German food on Friday,and a pedicure, then on Saturday, after making it to the flat highway, had incredible food at a place called Zepplins in Clayton, Ga.
I bought a piece of stain glass for the new bathroom window, a purple butterfly.

While Alison caught up on her sleep yesterday morning, I began to reread The Wisdom of Thich Nhat Hanh.......I had forgotten what a wonderful book it is. This time I am devouring it, word by word, highlighting passages and letting the wisdom of this wise and peaceful monk sink into my brain. In the beginning of the book there are a couple of places where he and a friend discuss "my time". The friend talks about how he use to look at time as divided, you know time for work, family, friends, and he never had any "my time". But he began to see that no matter where or how he spent time, it was all his time,so now he has unlimited time for himself. In yoga, we call it being in the now.....and honestly I am the worst at begrudging "my time", so now I am trying to look at all time as mine, no matter who with/ or how I spend it.

It has been a long day, five hours on the road, unpacking, and now laundry. I think it is time to hug the dogs( I missed them so much), and call it a day.
Good night, Sweet dreams. So glad to be back on line!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend - and now we know what happened with the post. heehee - that's funny, and I can empathize.

    Would love to see a pic' of your new window. I love stained glass and a purple butterfly has very special meaning. Bet it is very pretty.

    Glad you are home safe and sound. [I always miss my pups.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect you were pretty tired last night, but glad to be back home - and on line again!! I did smile at the men with their fishing stories. It probably WAS the same fish on their cellphones all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are safe and had some good time. And I agree with This, it was most likely the same fish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT was quite the time away:)....
    Glad you have your "access" back.

    And yes- fish tales can be made even more of a tale now days;))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just reading about your trip keeps bringing back memories of my times in north GA. and how beautiful it is. Sometime I have got to take my wife there so she can see the scenery I saw and get a taste of how special it is. That is a definate project for the future. Have a wonderful week.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back and LOL, "Looks like the same fish." I needed that laugh this morning. :)

    Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed it and that you didn't let blog withdrawal get to you. You are lucky, I have never yet had good German food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LAUNDRY - the great unchangable factor in returning home from a trip.

    Glad you had a fun weekend. have a great day.
    ...Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun trip and I'm glad you had a good time and found some girly time as well as good eats. I'm such a motion sick person that even the thought of winding roads makes me dizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete