Thursday, November 20, 2014

Success

Success for me depends on what I am doing at the time.......if it is music, success is singing the song and having someone come up afterwards and tell me how much that moment meant to them.  Maybe it transported them to a memory or place, or just resonated with them, that is one success for me. That's why I write songs and sing.

Teaching success varies too......today was an extremely successful day.  I had students who are new this week, with PTSD.......when I start savasana or relaxation at the end of class I always watch my students, making sure they are comfortable.  For the past couple of days, I knew these guys were struggling, white knuckled struggling, every muscle in their body tense.  Today, I watched as the  knuckles unwhitened,  muscles softened, breath slowed........they were relaxed......SUCCESS!  As they left my room, there were smiles and many thanks.  This is why I teach.

When I was younger, I thought success would be.....my songs on the radio, being famous, etc.
It is interesting how time changes everything, how values change, what becomes important.
Sunday night, I was a very successful singer/songwriter......today, I was a very successful yoga teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Jilda... you are very successful because you know what is important... Have a great weekend, I hope it is not too cold...

    ReplyDelete