Sunday, November 2, 2014

Good Memories

The flannel sheets went on the bed today........I can't wait to snuggle in tonight.  This morning I could smell the smoke in the firepit from our fire last night.......it really is autumn.  This weekend has been like so many others......I pick and choose where my energy goes. Yesterday, we did a weenie roast and hayride for Jordan and our other great nieces and nephews.  Ten kids, 12 and under.......the backyard was an amazing place, full of activity and laughter.  They all arrived around 3:00pm, my energy left around 5:00pm, and I am still looking for it today.  But, it was quite a bit of fun.

I love the fact that kids want to come to our house.....and even better, they don't want to leave.  I learned this art from my parents, our house was the house that all my friends wanted to come to.
My friend, Debbie told me, she remembers coming to my parent's house when we were in high school during the Christmas holidays......my mom and I were making candy.   Debbie told me, she had never felt so much love.  One of Jordan's class mates and her mom came yesterday......her mom asked if it was a birthday party or something special.  I laughed and told her, we did things like this often.....no reason, just food and fun.

I have come to realize that when I am gone, all that will be left of me are the memories that others carry in their hearts........when it is time for me to go, I want to leave good memories......the kind that my family and friends will hold in their hearts forever.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. That's the way i want to go too and i don't want to be a burden on anyone but that's a choice we can't make unfortunately.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete